What is FileMaker?
FileMaker is an extremely versatile software platform that many organisations around the world use to streamline their business and easily create custom solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web that meet the unique needs of your enterprise. Having complete control over your data will improve workflow, save money and increase overall efficiency.
Key benefits of using FileMaker
- Sharing data with others, both inside and outside your organisation, is straightforward. FileMaker gives you the control to ensure that the right people have access to the right data at the right time – from anywhere.
- Truly cross-platform. Develop once and share across multiple platforms, including mobile and web. This dramatically cuts the time and costs taken to roll out a solution to the whole organisation and reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), as the time and cost of solution maintenance and future upgrades are also reduced.
- Fast and flexible. Using Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques, a solution can be implemented quickly and then developed to meet the future needs of the business. The initial investment is rapidly recouped and the benefits of having a bespoke, streamlined system have a positive impact on growth and profitability.
- Seamless integration with existing data systems and technologies. No need to redevelop everything from scratch. Filemaker can easily integrate with your existing data including Excel, Microsoft SQL, Oracle and MySQL data sources.
- Thoroughbred software backed by Apple Inc. FileMaker 13 (the current version) is a result of over 20 years development and innovation. Each new version responds to the demands of the market, ensuring your investment is both future-proofed and remains cutting edge.
- Creating reports and charts is a snap. FileMaker makes it easy to present data in a way users will understand and appreciate. Real time Management Information facilitates fact-based business decisions, giving you an edge over the competition.
- Innovative web technology allows your solution to run directly in a browser, and Custom Web Publishing tools such as PHP and XML can create robust solutions that integrate and exchange data with other websites.